Monday, December 28, 2015

I do not know anything ... Part 2 haha

This is my last week of my first transer in the field!! I had a pretty good week, but so much has happened in the last 72 hours that I dont really remember anything that happened until Christmas Eve haha.

Christmas Eve we made a fancy dinner that we were going to eat with our new investigator because she lives alone and didnt have any plans...but she wasnt home. We ended up singing Christmas songs to a bunch of people with our neighbor elders and eating our fancy dinner with them and a nice member, who was also alone for the night.

Christmas was a little bit crazy! At like 8am all of our plans for the day fell through. We didnt have a place to eat or skype with our families, so we ended up walking around for like 2 hours trying to find an open computer lab. We ran into a Ward member who has internet and a bunch of computers and he let us go to his house and talk to our families! It was great to see my family :) We didnt have a place for dinner, so we ate hamburgers and hot chocolate at a tiny restaurant that is like one step up from a Street taco stand because nothing else was really open and we didnt have a lot of money haha. At like 9:30 that night we got a call from the mission president´s assistants and my companion got transferred the next morning. I didn´t sleep at all that night because we had to pack all of her stuff and we took a bus super early in the morning to another city to meet our new companions. No one really know why we had these special transfers...real transfers arent until the end of this week.

I am pretty stressed out haha. I barely know whats going on...I dont really know the streets or spanish or the people and now I am showing a new person around. My new companion is really sweet, but she has only been on the mission for 5 months and she doesnt talk or take the lead on anything. I have been here for 5 weeks and I have to make all of the decisions and figure out where we are going haha. It is all good though. Everyone here is super nice and helpful; they offer their time, families and homes to me :)

I cant believe that it is almost 2016! So far on my mission i havnt helped anyone...everyone has helped me WAY more than I have helped them. I hope that next year will be different. I know that this crazy transfer experience will help me grow a lot and I will be a more competent missionary. The two things that I have learned for sure here in Mexico are:
1. God´s plan is always better than mine. If it was up to me I would probably still be at school or something, I would have wanted to go to the Provo MTC instead of the one in Mexico, and I would still be with my trainer haha. But I know that everything happens for a reason and God only does what is best for us.
2. Prayer and time can fix anything. I have learned to take things one day (sometimes just 10 minutes) at a time, and how to completely rely on the Lord.

I love and miss everyone!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Love,
Hermana Knudsen

Mosiah 24




No comments:

Post a Comment