Monday, December 14, 2015

Yay for P-day!

Wow, I am so grateful to be writing this email haha. The other missionaries convinced me that we didnt have P day today! They told me that every fourth P day of the transfer we dont get P day because we have to go to this other city and do a big service project. All of the other missionaries in my district are at least 2 years older than me, are catholic converts, and are from mexico...Im new, american, dont speak spanish, and dont know nothing about mexico or the catholic church...so they make fun of me allll the time hahahah. They have made me do and believe so many dumb things because I have no idea what is going on here haha. Its ok though, I still find ways to make fun of them too :P

I had my first meal that I couldnt handle haha. It was tortilla and some kind of meat...which would have been good...but then it got dumped in this nasty brown, chunky sauce and I could only eat half of it. I tried my best and said that I loved it and asked if I could take the rest home with me. Luckily they believed me and gave me more to take home haha. In these 3 weeks I have learned to like and try a lot of foods. I now like onions, avacados, tomatoes and orange juice. I still wish that I liked spicy foods, sour cream and the weird cheeses and desserts everyone here feeds us haha.

Our investigator who was the most excited to get baptized on the 19th, cant get baptized. :( Everyone was super sad about it, and were working with him so that he can get baptized later! It is crazy to me how much you can care about people you have only known for 3 weeks.

Yesterday we went to the Tijuana temple dedication. We stayed for all 3 sessions, so it was kind of a long day, but it was incredible! I really felt the spirit, my testimony grew, and I had a cool gift of tongues experience during the third session!

I havent slept well at all this week. Our cell phone with the alarm keeps dying in the night, so we switched to a regular clock to wake us up. It ticks really loud all night and drives me crazy haha. Also, the big Catholic church has had fireworks and bells ringing nonstop day and night-so im super tired all the time haha.

Spiritual Thought:
 (HA, no I am not becoming a church nerd...i just dont want you to think that all I do is mess around down here haha)
This week I think that I finally gained an unshakable testimony. I owe it all to the scriptures. I know Im a missionary...so I have to like reading the scriptures and stuff haha :P but honestly, scripture study has become my favorite part of the day! I promise that if you read the scriptures with a sincere heart and real intent, they will help you and bless your life. 
Scriptures of the week: Mosiah 2-5

Merry almost Christmas!!
Love,
Hermana Knudsen



No comments:

Post a Comment