Monday, February 22, 2016

DOLORES!!

Holy...my new area is suuuuper different. San miguel is only like an hour away, but it´s crazy how different it is from Dolores! Dolores is kind of sketchy hahaha. I am the ONLY American, we take bucket showers and live with cockroaches and lizards haha. But, the branch here is really helpful and good to us!!

My comps are super awesome missionaries! It feels sooooo good to be with people who know what they are doing! I have learned more in one week than I did in twelve weeks in SM.

On thursday there was a special meeting for leaders of the mission. Only zone leaders and sister training leaders were able to go. I guess when I came to the area, my comps had instructions to bring me to this meeting, so we woke up at 230 amand headed to queretaro! When I got there, we had new assistants to the president and I got kicked out of the meeting because Im not an actual leader hahaha, so I went with some other hermanas and worked while the meeting was going on. It wasnt all bad though because I got to see my homie Elder Ramirez from SM!!

Yesterday was a crazy day. Our gospel principles class is very diverse haha. Everyone there is either an investigator or a really old funny person haha. Half of our investigators are really sketchy looking haha. 2 of them come to church in jeans and snap backs and have tattoos all over their necks and arms, but they are really awesome and progressing a lot!
After church we went to a house for our dinner and found out that our investigator´s (who is going to get baptized this saturday) baby died. We went to the hospital to be with him and when we entered the room, the mom of the baby was holding the lifeless baby and crying and yelling for the baby to wake up. It was one of the hardest and most powerful things i have ever seen.

Sorry my emails havent been very good, and i havent sent pics...next week haha!!

Love,
Hermana Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment