Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving...mexicanized haha

This has been a great week! We just barely got back from a zone activity...everyone in this zone is really cool. we played soccer, went to a pizza buffett and went to the Pipila...a really cool view of the entire city of guanajuato!

Thanksgiving doesnt exit here so On thursday I forgot it was thanksgiving until really late, but I made up for it on Friday!  I bought a bunch of tacos, some tamales, some butterscotch candies that I love and like 15 little cookies from a lady in the street...it was the tastiest, most mexican thanksgiving that ive ever had haha.

This week ive been thinking about the thinks that im grateful for and the first thing that came to mind was my dad :) everytime something crazy or funny happens hes always the first person  I want to tell and I always wish he was here with me to see whats going on. one of the first things i wana do when i ge home is eat mexican food and tell funny stories with my dad in spanish haha

2. my mom :) I have nooo idea how my mom does it. She is an example to everyone! she has a testimony and knowlege that i will never have and the only way ive been able to cath up to her a little bit by being here in the mission. my mom is amazin in eveything she does...as a mother, wife, friend, church member, worker...literally everything! when i first got to the mission i was really struggling and I asked one of my best friends (who is a freaking super missionary) how he did everything so well. He told me that he thinks about what his mom would do in his place and that always helps him...that helps me now too. I think about what my mom would do in my place and everything just seems to work out :)

3. my sisters....i miss them so much...they are always in my dreams and we are always having fun haha. they are both younger than me, but they are the real examples in this sisterhood. I cant wait to go to college with ashley and watch a bunch of movies with g-race!

4. all of the people ive met on the mission
eeeeeverybody...the members, investigators, homies, leaders...they have all permanently impacted my life and i never would have met any of them if i hadnt come to the mission.

5. the gospel (of course, because im a missionary haha)
but honestly knowing that families can be togher forever and that if we can just do our little part we will recieve blessings beyond measure is a huge blessing.  I am also extremely grateful that all of my family are members and sealed together...because it would honestly break my heart coming home  to a family that couldnt be eternal after preaching and testfying to everyone everyday that they can be with their family eternally if they can just follow the commandments.

love you allll, take care! happy thanksgiving!!!

(sorry for all of the errors hahahh...this keyboard is really hard to type on and my brain is always in spanglish mode)

No comments:

Post a Comment